I am currently in the process of re-reading the Sookie Stackhouse (SVM) series. While I don’t want to “review” each book as I reread them, I do want to make notes about what I had forgotten and how I felt the third time through. These will contain spoilers!
Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
Book Order (Sookie Stackhouse – SVM)
- Dead Until Dark – Charlaine Harris 09.01.09 ****
- Living Dead in Dallas – Charlaine Harris 09.04.09 **** 04.25.10
- Club Dead – Charlaine Harris 09.04.09 ****1/2 04.25.10
- Dead to the World – Charlaine Harris 09.06.09 ****1/2 04.25.10
- Dead as a Doornail – Charlaine Harris 09.07.09 ****1/2 04.25.10
- Definitely Dead – Charlaine Harris 09.07.09 **** 04.25.10
- All Together Dead – Charlaine Harris 09.08.09 **** 04.25.10
- From Dead to Worse – Charlaine Harris 09.08.09 **** 04.25.10
- Dead and Gone – Charlaine Harris 09.09.09 ****1/2 04.25.10
- Dead in the Family – Charlaine Harris05.04.10 * * * 3/4
- Dead Reckoning – Charlaine Harris (I can’t find a review or rating for this, but I know I read it.)
- Deadlocked – Charlaine Harris
- Dead Ever After (?) – Charlaine Harris (May 2013)
Add To Your GoodReads TBR List (94,325 ratings : 4.04 avg)
In Six Words
Really starting to get sucked in
At this point, the TV show really stopped trying to follow the books. I’m starting to get more and more into the series and feeling the TV characters fall away to make room for my old friends, the real thing.
Notable quotes / moments:
I’d long wondered if I were really a civilized person, though I kept striving to be one.
- And so begins Sookie’s realization of who she really is and what she is becoming…
- While I think they did a GREAT job casting Alcide, I like the book Alcide. I like the honest, hard-working, and ruggedly handsome Were that never really had a shot with Sookie. (Don’t even get me started with last night’s episode by the way…)
- Eric and Sookie’s relationship is building and I’m LOVING it. Again, I LOVE the casting of Eric (perfection!), but the TV show could never portray the complexity and depth of Eric and Sookie. He is funny and gets her in a way that the others just don’t.