I am currently in the process of re-reading the Sookie Stackhouse (SVM) series. While I don’t want to “review” each book as I reread them, I do want to make notes about what I had forgotten and how I felt the third time through. These will contain spoilers!
Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris
Book Order (Sookie Stackhouse – SVM)
- Dead Until Dark – Charlaine Harris 09.01.09 ****
- Living Dead in Dallas – Charlaine Harris 09.04.09 **** 04.25.10
- Club Dead – Charlaine Harris 09.04.09 ****1/2 04.25.10
- Dead to the World – Charlaine Harris 09.06.09 ****1/2 04.25.10
- Dead as a Doornail – Charlaine Harris 09.07.09 ****1/2 04.25.10
- Definitely Dead – Charlaine Harris 09.07.09 **** 04.25.10
- All Together Dead – Charlaine Harris 09.08.09 **** 04.25.10
- From Dead to Worse – Charlaine Harris 09.08.09 **** 04.25.10
- Dead and Gone – Charlaine Harris 09.09.09 ****1/2 04.25.10
- Dead in the Family – Charlaine Harris05.04.10 * * * 3/4
- Dead Reckoning – Charlaine Harris (I can’t find a review or rating for this, but I knowI read it.)
- Deadlocked – Charlaine Harris
- Dead Ever After (?) – Charlaine Harris (May 2013)
Add To Your GoodReads TBR List (96,037 ratings : 3.96 avg)
In Six Words
liked it, but missed a lot
I didn’t seem to have as hard of a time separating the characters between the TV and the book with this one, what I did have problems with was the plot differences. Most importantly, the death of dear Lafayette. Jason doesn’t join the Soldiers of the Sun?! Sex parties aren’t happening with the whole town?! Tara is engaged to Eggs?!
Notable quotes / moments:
Apologies had better be either heartfelt or elaborate, and since Eric didn’t have a heart to feel (or at least I hadn’t noticed it so far) he might as well distract me with words.
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE SUN CENTER : Only Jesus Rose from the Dead. I snorted as I opened my door and emerged from Hugo’s car. “That right there is false,” I pointed out to my companion. “Lazarus rose from the dead, too. Jerks can’t even get their scripture right.”
- Sookie started to see how funny Pam is.
- The moment when Sookie sees how different Bill is. He leaves to chase the Fellowship members instead of checking to see if she was OK first (which Eric did do).